Thursday, October 30, 2008

Proposistion R

Despite my disbelief that the backers of Prop. R could place such a wrong headed commercial which I previously wrote about, I am voting YES on Prop. R.

1. Traffic is horrible, and mass transit is the solution.
2. A subway is the fastest way to move people. Try riding a Rapid Bus on Wilshire to see how slow the street traffic. Try to put a new light rail line, such as Expo, and the opposition to the "horrors" of the train at grade slows down progress. (For the record, I support Expo all the way to Santa Monica.)
3. Global warming is a threat. Most scientists state that right now we are in a critical stage. We must reduce global warming gases now, or face very negative consequences. Vehicle exhaust accounts for a good deal of carbon gases. Mass transit is the fastest way to get people out of their vehicles to try to reduce our carbon footprint.

Proposition R is needed, now. I will vote YES.

Matthew Hetz

No comments: